Check out the News announcements for training dates and dues information.
High School Training sessions are held for prospective adult referees prior to the start of each lacrosse season in January and February. Completion of this training qualifies the trainee to officiate both High School and Youth boys games.
Note: High school students and others interested in only officiating boys youth games should contact the Lead Youth Trainer.
Note: High School level officials must be at least 18 years old and have graduated high school. Registration with US Lacrosse as an adult member is recommended by the ULOA, but not required. Membership information is available at the US Lacrosse website.
High School Official Training Requirements
In order to become a member in good standing of the Utah Lacrosse Officials Association, members must complete the following training requirements:
- Attend one of the mandatory rules training sessions.
- Attend four of the six classroom and field training sessions – See the Training Calendar.
- Complete the rules test with a passing score of 80%.
- Payment of ULOA Dues
- A fee is collected from all officials prior to the start of the season for ULOA Dues. The mandatory fee applies even if you officiate other Utah High School sports.
- See News section for current dues information.
- Current US Lacrosse Member
- All Officials must be a current member of US Lacrosse to officiate and be in good standing with the ULOA. US Lacrosse membership must state that you are an official.
Completion of the above items allows officials to become eligible for post season/play-off assignments. The ULOA acknowledges game conflicts and will credit officials for attendance when conflicts occur. ULOA officials in good standing with the association receive preference in regular season game assignments.